Address: Rua José Ramalho da Costa, Centro, Esperança, PB, Brazil
Located about 4 hours NW of Recife, previously Baptist church that joined the Igrejas Reformadas do Brasil in the fall of 2010. Pastor Laylton and the Esperança Council oversee the Esperança congregation and three mission points, Remígio, Juarez Távora and Gurinhém, as well as outreach to other nearby cities.
The municipality of Boa Esperança (“Good Hope”) came up with gold rush of the late 19th century. The first settlement was established in 1778, and in 1804 it was called Dores do Pântano (“Pain Swamp”). In 1814 started the construction of the Church, and at that time arose the first coffee plantations, which marked a phase of wealth and progress for the parish. In 1866 the parish was elevated by provincial law to the status of village. On 15 November 1868 the seat of local government was built and the village was elevated by Provincial Law No. 1611 to the status of municipality. In 1957–1958, with the construction of the Furnas Dam and subsequently of the Furnas Lake, the town began to grow throughout tourism.