Address: R. Dr. Valdir Pessoa, 20, Imbiribeira, Recife, PE, Brazil
See also Recife, State of Pernambuco
This small mission congregation is a church plant by the missionaries, under the supervision of the Church at Recife.
Address: Rua 2 com Rua 6, Quintino Cunha, Fortaleza, CE, Brazil, 60352-110
Missionaries Wieske and VanSpronsen are helping plant this church under the supervision of the Church at Recife. The congregation has a local leadership group of one elder and two deacons. Other men are being trained for office.
Fortaleza (Fortress) is the state capital of Ceará, located in Northeastern Brazil. With a population close to 2.55 million (metropolitan region over 3.6 million), Fortaleza is the 5th largest city in Brazil. It has an area of 313 square kilometres (121 sq mi) and the highest demographic density in the country (8,001 per km²).
Address: R. J. Carvalho Raposo, 14, Maragogi, AL, Brazil, 57955-000
Maragogi is located on the Coral Coast – Costa dos Corais – 130 kilometers of continuous living tropical reefs on the coast of Northeast Brazil. The municipality is the second most visited city after Maceio the state capital of Alagoas.
Its major attraction is the “Galés”, a group of tropical pools formed at low tide about 6 kilometers from the city’s beach. They are served by 15 large registered catamarans leaving from various points in the municipal area. Individual tours are also available.
Maragogi’s history includes the battles between Dutch and Portuguese colonizers as well as the growth of the sugar cane and coconut plantations that formed the first wealth of the region. Today, it is tourism that provides the most important economic impact in the region. But, its potential remains unexplored. Even so, the busy waterfront in the City of Maragogi has a variety of restaurants, stores and stalls selling local arts and crafts.
Address: Rua José Ramalho da Costa, Centro, Esperança, PB, Brazil
Located about 4 hours NW of Recife, previously Baptist church that joined the Igrejas Reformadas do Brasil in the fall of 2010. Pastor Laylton and the Esperança Council oversee the Esperança congregation and three mission points, Remígio, Juarez Távora and Gurinhém, as well as outreach to other nearby cities.
The municipality of Boa Esperança (“Good Hope”) came up with gold rush of the late 19th century. The first settlement was established in 1778, and in 1804 it was called Dores do Pântano (“Pain Swamp”). In 1814 started the construction of the Church, and at that time arose the first coffee plantations, which marked a phase of wealth and progress for the parish. In 1866 the parish was elevated by provincial law to the status of village. On 15 November 1868 the seat of local government was built and the village was elevated by Provincial Law No. 1611 to the status of municipality. In 1957–1958, with the construction of the Furnas Dam and subsequently of the Furnas Lake, the town began to grow throughout tourism.
Address: QNM 36 conjunto P casa 28, M Norte, Taguatinga, DF, Brazil
There is good contact with a solid, confessionally reformed Presbyterian church in this city. In cooperation with this church, the CLIRE-Os Puritanos has held a number of conferences in this city, the nation’s capital.Because of contacts made through this work, there is now a small preaching point being established by the Church at Unaí.
Address: Colônia Brasilândia, 0, Centro, Unai, MG, Brazil
A Reformed church started by Dutch immigrants that became part of the IRB when the federation was established in 2000. Pastor Beto and the Unaí Council provide spiritual and administrative leadership. The church is part of a larger Dutch colony that includes farms, a school, a hotel and restaurant, opportunities for eco-tourism, and a “Colony Days Fair” to celebrate the colony’s life in Brazil.
The region has experienced rapid development in recent years after the building of Brasília and the opening up of the cerrado soils to cultivation of soybeans and irrigated rice. There are large herds of cattle—305,000 head (35,000 milking cows)–and extensive plantations of corn, beans, soybeans, sorghum, and rice.
Address: Rua Alfredo Miguel Baduy, 629, São Gabriel, Colombo, PR, Brazil, 83407-150
After many years of faithful work by the Dutch sister churches, four vibrant congregations with two ordained ministers and several elders and deacons had been established. Unfortunately, a series of trials and difficulties reduced the work in a short time to a very small remnant a few years ago. The Surrey and Hamilton missionaries in cooperation with the IRB churches worked hard to maintain the preaching and sacraments in this place. In the last few years, the Church at Maragogi has contributed a lot of time and energy to continue the work, even loaning their own ministers to work for long stretches in Colombo.
In August 2013 Rev. Adriano Gama, at that time minister of the Church at Recife, accepted the call to be missionary pastor of the church plant at Colombo. Under God’s blessing, the missionaries look forward to continued cooperation with Maragogi and the new pastor, and expect to see good growth in the south of Brazil with this new development.
Address: Av. Joao Francisco de Melo, 170, São José da Coroa Grande, PE, Brazil, 55565-000
Located about a 15-20 minute drive north of Maragogi this growing congregation was the first stop for Mission activities in the early 70’s. It is the most southern village in the state of Pernambuco with a population of approximately 19,000 people.
Only a few decades ago Sao Jose was a tiny fishing village with a dirt main road but has since grown into small town with shopping, beaches and restaurants.
Address: Rua C nº 90, Bairro Aquárius, Tamoios, Cabo Frio, RJ, Brazil, 28927-000
A previously Pentecostal church that became Reformed and joined the IRB in March 2010.
Sandwiched between sand dunes, lagoons and the sparkling Atlantic, Cabo Frio‘s naturally gorgeous setting has been seriously stunted by industry and overdevelopment.
Still, on weekends and summer holidays its beaches continue to draw throngs of happy-go-lucky Brazilians, whose merrymaking spirit is the city’s strongest attraction.
Cabo Frio, with a population of 120 thousand, is the largest town at Região dos Lagos, the Northern Coast of the State of Rio de Janeiro.